Monday, August 17, 2009

August Training Schedule

Here is my monthly running schedule as designed by Jack Daniels. I'm not gonna lie, I don't quite follow it exactly. True, he is one of the greatest running coaches in the world, but he also only coaches people for marathons, as you can tell by the workouts. Nothing is over 20 miles. That just doesn't cut it. How am I going to run 100 miles without ever running over 20 at one time? Do you think Ryan hall could do it, no. So why should i. So I make my long runs 35-40 miles. and my 2-a-days, become 3-a-days.

Granted, my speed has increased, which is excellent. I'm not trying to change his training for me. I just take the principles, tempo runs, lactate runs, long runs, etc. and formulate them to fit what I need to get out of it. I think its working so far. No athlete wants to rely on someone else to tell them what to do. Only I know my body and how it reacts to stress. I just need someone to point me in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment